Ash Creek SSD Board Meeting July 20, 2021
Present: Richard Hirschi, Kevin Tervort, Kelly Wilson, Justin Sip, and John Bramall.
Lynn Chamberlain had asked to be excused.
Staff: Michael Chandler, Fay Reber, Darrel Humphries, Blair Gubler, and Kim Spendlove.
Audience: Yovonne Spendlove
Prayer and Pledge: Richard Hirschi
Public comments: None
The minutes from the June 24, 2021, meeting were discussed.
Motion by John Bramall to approve the minutes as written. Second by Richard Hirschi. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
Fay did not have any legal matters.
Darrel gave a report on the district’s ½ year budget. The board talked about wages and impact fees.
Mike talked about a private sewer agreement needed for a private sewer agreement for Quail Lake Industrial Park phase 4.
Motion by John Bramall to approve the private agreement with Quail Lake . Second by Keven. Motin carried by unanimous vote.
Motion by John Bramall to continue the Dave Morgan agreement discussion to the next meetings. Second by Kevin Tervort. Motin carried by unanimous vote.
Mike reported the property trade is still waiting for a final property transfer on the Blake Property. Mike felt like the district getting the property would help with the regional drainage problems.
Mike reported that he will be meeting with the LaVerkin and Virgin city councils and staff to talk about a possible trail and utility easement that would help get a sewer line location to the LaVerkin East Bench. Virgin would be able to connect to a line once it was on the bench. Mike will try to work with multiple entities to get people talking about it.
Leeds has seven property owners who have made a cost sharing agreement to put sewer into the Leeds valley. It will be a pressure line to the Harrisburg Pump station. The Conservancy District will bill for the people in the county. The district will still need to figure out how to work with the town to collect impact and monthly fees.
The pioneering agreements have still not been finalized. Chris Wyler has asked to not have an agreement because he would like to get money directly from the developers. Copper Rock has not been responsive and are holding out an easement from other developers.
Ash Creek SSD
July 20, 2021
The district has received some information from the state for the confluence treatment plant. Mike is hoping to move on planning quickly. The district will need to get a rezone of the property for the treatment plant. Mike was pleased with the progress the plant is making.
A motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:45 PM.
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that this Ash Creek Special Service District Board will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday the 20day of July 2021 at the Ash Creek Office Building at1350 South Sand Hollow Road, Hurricane, Utah 84737
Commencing at 6:00 PM
- Call to Order Justin Sip
- Richard Hirschi Pledge of Allegiance & Prayer.
- Public comments: Public Participation (no action will be taken on any item until it is properly agendized). Citizens wishing to speak during public participation are asked to go to the podium, state their name for the record and limit comments to a minimal duration and/or no longer than three (3) minutes.
- Board comments and declaration of conflicts of interest.
- Discussion and approval of minutes from the June 24, 2021 meeting.
- Fay Reber 10 minutes Discussion of legal matters.
- Darrel Humphries 10 minutes Report on 2021 ½ year budget
- Michael Chandler 30 minutes Discussion and possible motion concerning approval of private agreement for Quail Lake Industrial Park Phase 4.
- Discussion and possible motion concerning approval of Dave Morgan body politic agreement.
- Report on property trade.
- Report on Leeds/Virgin area sewer.
- Report on pioneering agreements progress.
- Superintendent’s report on operational matters.
Posted this 19 Day of July 2021
Michael Chandler, Superintendent