Ash Creek SSD Board Meeting April 22, 2021
Present: Richard Hirschi, Kevin Tervort, Lynn Chamberlain, John Bramall, Kelly Wilson, and Justin Sip
Staff: Michael Chandler, Fay Reber, Darrel Humphries, Blair Gubler, and Kim Spendlove.
In Audience: Jilliene Gubler, Yovonne Spendlove
Prayer and Pledge: Kevin Tervort
Public comments: None
The minutes from the March 25, 2021 meeting were discussed. There were some questions about the expenditures from the month.
Motion by Kevin Tervort to approve the minutes as written. Second by Richard Hirschi. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
Darrel Humphries gave a report on the District first quarter financial data.
Mike Chandler reported on the progress of the property trade. The other property owners have completed their property purchase and have been given an agreement. It should be ready to execute in May.
The pioneering agreements are in the hands of the developers, but they will need to act soon as they have others who want to develop around them.
Mike reported he met with the Virgin Town Council and they have a copy of the agreement requesting annexation into the District. He does not think there will be any action this year.
Mike asked for approval to surplus two vehicles. The 2007 Impala, and a 2013 Ford F150 with a lot of miles. The estimated value of the Impala is about $4,800.00. The value of the truck is about $11,000.00.
Motion by Kelly Wilson to approve selling the surplus vehicles at the recommended prices. Second by John Bramall. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
Mike talked about low income housing. There was some discussion about having monthly fees waived. The county assessor has a tax abatement program for low income. Mike suggested having people who have qualified for the abatement program qualify to have the monthly fees waived. If they abatement was renewed yearly the district would be able to recertify the participants. He thought there should probably be a cut off of three to four total years the fees could be waived.
Motion by John Bramall to approve the staff working on an annual procedure for people who qualify through the county property tax abatement program for up to four years. The fee waiver will be reviewed annually. Second by Justin Sip. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
Ash Creek SSD
April 22, 2021
Mike talked about the growth being proposed in the three cities. The Sand Hollow area, Copper Cliffs, LaVerkin East Bench, Confluence Park treatment area, and Toquerville bypass road were discussed.
Mike talked about the new extensions that have gone past homes. The homes are required to connect to sewer and pay the monthly fee. Mike would like to give the people a letter and a grace period to connect and start to pay the monthly fee. The staff will be preparing letters for those people who will have lines installed by their property.
Motion to adjourn was made at 7:15 PM.
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that thisAsh Creek Special Service District Boardwill hold its regular meeting on Thursday the 22day of April 2021 at the Ash Creek Office Building at1350 South Sand Hollow Road, Hurricane, Utah 84737
Commencing at 6:00 PM
- Call to Order Lynn Chamberlain
- Kevin Tervort Pledge of Allegiance & Prayer.
- Public comments: Public Participation (no action will be taken on any item until it is properly agendized). Citizens wishing to speak during public participation are asked to go to the podium, state their name for the record and limit comments to a minimal duration and/or no longer than three (3) minutes.
- Board comments and declaration of conflicts of interest.
- Discussion and approval of minutes from the March 25, 2021 meeting.
- Fay Reber 10 minutes Discussion of legal matters.
- Darrel Humphries 10 minutes 2021 1st quarter financial review
- Michael Chandler 30 minutes Report on property trade progress.
- Report on Pioneering Agreement progress.
- Report on Leeds/Virgin Sewer.
- Discussion and possible motion approval of selling surplus vehicles.
- Superintendent’s report on operational matters.
Posted this 20 Day of April 2021
Michael Chandler, Superintendent